Tina Aiken is Senior Counsel with SEBRIS BUSTO JAMES. Her practice includes all aspects of employment litigation, including defending discrimination, harassment, and retaliation claims. Tina also advises employers regarding compliance with labor and employment laws, employee relations, performance management, and policy and handbook drafting.
- Employment Litigation
- Discrimination and Harassment Charges
- Disability Accommodation
- Discipline and Discharge Counseling
- Human Resources Policies and Employee Handbooks
- Workplace Investigations
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association
- Washington Defense Trial Lawyers
- Pacific Coast Labor & Employment Law Conference Planning Committee
- Society for Human Resource Management, Seattle Chapter
Educational & Professional Background
Tina received her undergraduate degree in psychology in 1991 from Washington State University. In 1993, she received a master’s degree in Organizational Psychology with an emphasis in Human Resource Management from Columbia University. She received her J.D. in 1997 from Seattle University School of Law.
Prior to joining Sebris Busto James, Tina was an associate at a management-side labor and employment law firm in Seattle. Tina’s legal experience includes internships with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Washington State Attorney General’s office. Before attending law school, Tina worked as a professional in human resource management.